Back in February 2009 I made this butterfly collage inspired by Ali Edwards to grace my wall. I had so much fun making it that I wanted to make another one using different paper punches. I picked up two Hydrangea Martha Stewart punches at Michaels along with a piece of patterned paper. In order to make the two match I decided to use the same paper as last time. On my way home I picked up a small twig found in the parking lot. Here's a picture of all the supplies needed.
It was so simple:
- Cut a piece of white card stock to fit your frame. Mine needed to be 8 1/2" x 10".
- Punch out a good selection of flowers in different sizes.
- Attach the twig to the cardstock using dimensionals. I think I only attached it in two places as I figured that the overlapping flowers would hold it in place. It turns out I was right about that assumption.
- Attach the flowers around the twig using dimensionals.
- Insert completed collage into the shadow frame of your choice.
Time to complete this project? Less than one hour!! How is that for a satisfying craft session?
I really enjoy having these hand made decorations on my walls. I'll leave you with this close up of the flowers.
Thank you for stopping by,