Die-cutting Experiment

I am joining a challenge I found on Papertrey Ink’s blog today. I’ve seen this due cutting technique used several times but I thought I would try it out for myself once.

20140210-210952.jpg
simply die cut the entire alphabet into my card panel. Then I ran my die through a second time to cut the letters H and I in red. I layered it all and spritzed some shimmer on it.

Easy peasy!

Thanks for stopping by,
Sara

Die-cutting Experiment

I am joining a challenge I found on Papertrey Ink’s blog today. I’ve seen this due cutting technique used several times but I thought I would try it out for myself once.

20140210-210952.jpg
simply die cut the entire alphabet into my card panel. Then I ran my die through a second time to cut the letters H and I in red. I layered it all and spritzed some shimmer on it.

Easy peasy!

Thanks for stopping by,
Sara

Beginning Stages

I started on the first few pages of my December Daily album. (Yikes! It’s Dec 20 already!!!) Since I chose not to print any photos at home, I had to wait for the first batch to arrive. Currently I have December 1-9 in my crafty little hands and as I type, my next order is being uploaded. I guess I will be finishing this off in January, but that is totally fine with me. Keeping it simple is the key!

A Fun Mess

A Fun Mess

Thanks for stopping by,

Sara

The Secret to Increased Creativity

Take the time to make cards and scrapbook pages together with other crafters! Hmmm, you say…that’s it…because that is hardly a secret. Well, perhaps not, but in the last year I have been to 4 Scrap-a-thons’ and much to my delight I have seen my creativity get a real boost.
Just a year ago I made my very first Scrapbook page. After 10+ years as a card maker I didn’t really think I was ever going to try my hand at it. But to date I have completed 15 layouts. I think that allows me to step out of the “beginner” stage and call myself a card maker and a scrapbooker.=)
This past weekend I attended Falk√∂pings Scrapmara. Here’s a couple of layouts I made that day.

20120419-141406.jpg
The first one is the result of an experiment. After spray misting the background I die cut a few butterflies (SU!, Memory box, PTI) and attached them together with my photo. Next I experimented with a 12×12 piece of vellum. I wanted to tear an opening in the vellum and have the butterflies and the photo peak through. I got the idea of torn vellum from a Scrap 365 magazine and I figured if it didn’t work out I could always discard it. Turns out I really like the result! All soft and curled! Though I doubt I would get the same result if I tried it again.

20120419-141448.jpg
For my second layout I used a series of photos I took of the kids using the Hipstamatic app. The flag banners were cut from the Echo Park Playground collection. I have used it a ton! I love the bright colors and that the matching is already done for you. Each flag was treated to a little distressing before being attached to the background. To ground the images a bit I added a white border. It’s actually a heart border die. I hid the top of the hearts under the photos to get the look I wanted.

20120419-141523.jpg
Here’s a close up. I love that Joshua appears to have antlers! LOL

20120419-141608.jpg

The Scrap-a-thon was really a great deal of fun. I spent a large portion of it learning how to water color with my new Distress Markers. I’ll post those cards next.

Thanks for stopping by,

Sara

My Little Monster

I made couple of cards at the Scrap-a-thon. Here’s one of them.

20120402-112937.jpg

It was part of a challenge where yellow had to be the main color. I colored the lite monster with my Copics. The little speech bubble is something I picked up from Scrapfabriken. It made the perfect spot for the sentiment. A fun and quick little boy card.

Thank you for stopping by,
Sara